Muesli ? Perhaps, you've heard before, however, not know much of it. Let's have a trip on What's Muesli ! =)
Muesli is a popular breakfast meal based on uncooked rolled oats, fruit and nuts. It was developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital. It is available in a packaged dry form, or it can be made fresh.
Benefits of Muesli ~
2. The sudden fluctuations in the sugar levels can be stabilized with the soluble fiber present in muesli.
3. The oats and nuts present in muesli constitute of a phytochemical known as lignans. This phytochemical agent helps in reducing the chances of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Having muesli everyday successfully reduces hypertension and helps a person reduce the dosage of antidepressant medication. In the long run muesli may be helpful in getting you off antidepressants completely.
5. Muesli helps in reducing and stabilizing high blood pressure.
6. Muesli assists in curing bacterial infection at a much faster speed.
7. Muesli assists in maintaining the correct Body Mass Index if you have it in breakfast every day. 8. Muesli is an extremely rich source of minerals which increases the metabolism of a person.
9. Muesli is a rich source of proteins which helps in strengthening the bone and improving the health of the hair.
10. The presence of insoluble fiber reduces the chances of cancer of gastro intestinal tract by reducing carcinogens in it.
11. Muesli helps in preventing the accumulation of plaque.
12. Muesli helps in detoxification of the body.
13. Muesli helps in increasing the libido of a person.
14. Muesli is a very good source of calcium.
15. Muesli mixed with cinnamon helps in curing cold and cough and other related mild discomforts.
16. Having muesli with fresh fruits helps in making the skin healthier and increasing the glow of the skin.
17. The carbohydrates present in muesli provide energy for a longer period of time.
18. The presence of beta glucan in muesli helps in healing wounds at a much faster rate.
19. Muesli is helpful in reducing the chances of diseases of the old age like arthritis or rheumatism.
20. Muesli being a good source of omega 3 fatty acids aids in the development of nervous system.
21. Fresh muesli is enriched with extra nutrients because of the fruits mixed in it, hence, it helps in strengthening the immune system and fighting seasonal ailments.
22. The presence of folic acid in muesli vitalizes the red blood cells.
23. The fiber in muesli absorbs water and increases in size, thus, leaving very little or no space at all for more food in the stomach. After eating muesli you will not feel hungry for a longer time and will help you reduce weight.
24. The manganese present in muesli along with low saturated fats makes your heart healthier and protects against heart ailments.
Health Benefits of Muesli
- The soluble fiber in muesli stabilizes sugar levels and prevents sudden fluctuations.
- Muesli contains a phytochemical called lignans, which reduces the risk of contracting prostate cancer, ovarian cancer and breast cancer.
- Regular muesli consumption reduces high blood pressure and acts as an antidepressant to gradually treat depression.
- It cures bacterial infection quickly.
- Eat muesli regularly as a healthy breakfast meal to maintain ideal body weight.
- The minerals in muesli help to increase body metabolism.
- Muesli is rich in proteins which help to strengthen bones and improve hair health.
- The insoluble fiber contained in it reduces the risk of gastrointestinal cancer by eliminating carcinogens.
- Muesli prevents plaque accumulation.
- It helps to detoxify the body.
- Men with sexual dysfunction can benefit greatly as muesli helps to increase libido.
- Another important health benefit of muesli is it is rich in calcium which strengthens bones and teeth.
- Mix cinnamon with muesli to cure cold, cough and other minor discomforts.
- You can eat it with fresh fruits to get healthy, glowing skin.
- Yet another important muesli health benefit is it is rich in carbohydrates which boost and maintain energy levels.
- Muesli contains beta glucan which helps to heal wounds quickly.
- It helps to ward off old age diseases like rheumatism and arthritis.
- Muesli contains omega-3 fatty acids that develop the nervous system.
- Fresh muesli mixed with fruits strengthens the immune systems and fights off seasonal ailments.
- It contains folic acid which boosts red blood cells.
- Since muesli is rich in fiber, you feel full for a long time. This decreases your daily calorie intake and helps you to shed unwanted pounds.
- Muesli is low in saturated fats but rich in manganese. These two factors make the heart healthy and protect against heart diseases.
1. Packaged muesli - is a loose mixture of mainly rolled oatsand/or cornflakes together with various pieces of dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. It commonly contains other rolled cereal grains such as wheat or rye flakes as well. There are many varieties, some of which may also contain honey, spices, or chocolate. This dry packaged muesli can be stored for many months. It can be served quickly after mixing it with milk, yogurt, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit juice, or even just plain water. If desired, pieces of fresh fruit may be added. Alternatively, the mix may be soaked overnight in milk and then served with fresh fruit or compote to taste.
The muesli available in supermarkets contains nuts, wheat flakes and raisins which add up to make a nutritious and healthy breakfast. Eat it with milk every morning to enjoy its good taste and numerous muesli benefits. Eating a healthy breakfast is very important to give you the best possible start into a busy day. Muesli in general is a very good start to the day. Always remember a sound breakfast wins the day!